INSTUCTOR TRAINING COURSE
The GTTI courses are Internationally recognised and accredited locally by SASETA (Safety And Security Sectoral Education Training Authority), SAPS (South African Police Services) and PSIRA (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority).
ITA also guarantees recognition (RPL) with this qualification for any future accreditations that may be required in South Africa.
Course times: 8.30am for 9am until 6pm
9:00 welcome and registration
9:15 Pre-course evaluation
10:15 feedback report
10:30-12:30 Subject knowledge (outcomes- based education)
12:30-13:30 Lunch break (supplied by GTTI at no additional cost)
13:30-18:00 Subject knowledge
9:00-12:30 Teaching Methodology & Assessment
12:30-13:30Lunch (supplied at no additional cost)
13:30-18:00 lesson plans, presentation skills and evaluation.
9:00-11:00 Administrative Procedures
11:00-18:00 Portfolio of Evidence (Assessment, Record Keeping, Seta Procedures)
9:00-10:00 Handgun evaluation
10:00-12:30 Assessment Criteria & Documentation
13:30 Qualification Shoot
14:30-17:00 Handgun Training
9:00-11:00 Shotgun & Rifle evaluation
11:00-12:30 Shotgun Qualification Shoot.
13:30-17:00 Rifle Training, Evaluation & Qualification Shoot.
Candidates must bring:
• A handgun, 2 magazines, holster and 200 rounds
• A shotgun, sling and 100 rounds (50 buckshot & 50 birdshot)
• A semi auto Rifle/Carbine or Bolt Action Rifle, sling and 50 rounds
• Ear and eye protection and a cap Optional Extras
• Accreditation Package for SASSETA (including Quality Management System) – This is required for companies requiring accreditation.
• Assessor Training – Only available to persons attending the GTTI Instructor Course